It's no secret that Facebook expects reach, engagement, and referral traffic for companies to decrease due to their News Feed algorithm changes, which more heavily prioritize posts from family, friends, and conversation-starters.
Facebook even predicts these changes will cause people to spend less time on Facebook. This is a hit they are willing to take in the name of ensuring well-being and community.
Facebook's CEO Mark Zuckerberg wrote on Facebook, “I’m changing the goal I give our product teams from focusing on helping you find relevant content to helping you have more meaningful social interactions.”
As soon as we caught wind of these changes, Pulse Perfect Consulting's social media team developed a new, customized Facebook strategy for each of our social media clients and notified them of the algorithm updates before they were rolled out.
Here's some strategies you too can implement to maximize your Facebook page's reach in light of the latest algorithm changes:
- Post 1x/day and focus on creating conversation-starters and highly shareable content
- Share local events and news whenever applicable
- Create strong visuals that can be consumed quickly (ie impact stats, inspirational quotes)
- When sharing native or live video, try to spark a discussion with a question or add background information that makes the video more relevant to your audiences
- Increase interactions with partners and companies that offer complementary products and services
Interested in our social media management services? Schedule a free discovery call to learn more!